Alcohol Counselling London, Alcoholism Treatment, Alcohol Addiction, Alcoholics, Alcohol Dependency, Alcohol Treatment, Alcoholism Therapy London
Binge Drinking, Alcohol Problem, Alcoholism & Alcohol Addiction
From Drinking Moderation To Escalation Initially we may drink alcohol moderately, as a way of unwinding, relaxing or to relieve pressure. Things may build up inside. What started off as being enjoyable, having a positive effect, may have become out of balance, detrimental. We may have get caught in something we find hard to manage and turn to our familiar "comfort", so drinking alcohol gives us a structure to fall back on, becomes a crutch or a sedative to dull everything, get us off to sleep. Yet we may feel scared inside, lacking our own structure, which may also point to an unhelpful relationship style. We may want to stop drinking, yet we let the lure of alcohol to take over. Our drinking routine may have begun to take priority over other activities. Used to blocking things out and turning to alcohol for some time now, we might as well continue drinking, "what the hell" - may be what we tell ourselves. By now we may have an alcohol problem, alcohol addiction, which we struggle to acknowledge. A part of us may deny we have any alcohol problems, yet another part, wanting to fee our life, may now be seeking alcohol treatment, alcohol counselling.
counselling for alcoholics and alcoholism, for alcohol abuse, binge drinking problems, alcohol problems, alcohol addiction, alcohol dependence - London, Kings Cross, Camden
Our level of drinking alcohol may be social, sporadic (binge drinking), heavy at times, problematic or too dependent. Our alcohol dependence now gives us a strong desire for alcohol, as we spend a lot of our time wherever we can where alcohol is available. It is as if we have to follow our urges, as our thinking and concentration becomes distorted and we shut things out. Getting slowly or blind drunk may have increased. Disconnected, we may have neglected other needs, pleasures, interests and relationships with those close to us, including our partner. "I can cope, or stop anytime I want to" may be our mantra. We may also experience anxiety and depression, as our moods rise and fall. Bypassing our conscious choices, we may have become slowly addicted to alcohol and now seek alcohol treatment, alcohol counselling.
alcohol treatment, alcoholism treatment, alcohol help and alcohol addiction treatment for alcohol addicts, alcohol misuse, alcohol binge drinking
Effects Of Drinking Alcohol Alcohol problems affect all of us, no matter what our education, profession or class. Over time we may have developed a physical or psychological dependence on alcohol, struggling to control our alcohol consumption. Apart from the range of health and physical effects, our level of drinking may also affect our work and relationships. Sexual problems may also increase. We may slowly become isolated from our family and friends, and become increasingly lonely - even in the company of others. Conflict with those close to us may escalate and we may deny that the impact of our drinking affects other struggles we now have. We may also have financial difficulties or suffer the legal consequences of our drinking, e.g. drink driving. Alienated inside, we may also experience the world as alienating. As our levels of drinking increase, so too does the risk to our health and safety. We may have become permanently tired, forgetful, put off things, or not complete them. Alcoholics - we will never be one of them, so we may battle inside between not needing any alcoholism treatment, yet also realise help with our alcohol problem is exactly what we need.
alcoholic help, alcohol abuse treatment, treatment for alcoholics, London counselling for alcoholism, alcoholism counselling in London for binge drinking and alcohol problems
We may now be in trouble with our drinking, whatever label we give to it: alcoholics, binge drinking, drinking problem, alcohol concern, alcohol problems, alcohol dependency, alcohol compulsion, drinking addiction, alcohol addiction, alcoholism. We may consistently hide, and often forget, what we do. We may begin to use alcohol as our "treat" (despite another voice inside saying "No"), an outlet for other difficulties we struggle to face. In despair, hungry inside we may turn to drink to try and fill this emptiness or anguish. A feeling builds up that we have to drink, and a red mist can come upon us. "Whatever I'm doing, wherever I'm going, where can I get a drink" may be our preoccupation. Becoming a shadow of who we were, our very identity can become interlinked with our drinking, as if we become attached to it and can't let go. Guilt, shame and self-hatred may be our companions. Our need for a drink may stop us taking care of our other needs, as if nothing else, no consequences really matter anymore, as darkness may come over us. We may want to wake up and feel OK again, yet underlying feelings, e.g. our loss or grief, may be in the background. Despite previous promises to stop drinking, our problems with alcohol may have accelerated. Hitting a wall and passing through it, we may be drinking ourselves towards oblivion, questioning how to stop drinking, seeking alcohol treatment, alcohol counselling.
alcoholics help, treatment of alcohol abuse, help for alcoholism, alcoholism help, help for alcohol addiction, treatments for alcohol addiction and binge drinking help
Alcohol Treatment, Alcohol Counselling Questions Regarding our problems with alcohol and wanting to stop drinking, alcohol misuse, alcohol addiction we may wonder what alcohol help is out there, and have numerous questions about our problem drinking.
- Alcoholics anonymous - what does it means to be a member of alcoholics anonymous?
- Drinking alcohol - how do I stop drinking alcohol? How to stop excessive drinking?
- Drinking addiction - what is a drinking addiction?
- Treatment for alcohol - does treatment for alcohol addiction work, and what is alcoholism treatment or alcohol addiction treatment?
- Alcohol abuse treatment - what are the alcohol treatments, treatments for alcoholics?
- Alcohol abuse - what is alcohol abuse? What is the treatment for alcohol abuse?
- Alcohol binge drinking - what is alcohol binge drinking, binge drinking alcoholism?
- How to stop binge drinking? I have binge drinking problems and need binge drinking help, how can I stop binge drinking?
- Problems with alcohol - I have an alcohol problem, do alcohol problems ever go away?
- Alcohol addiction - do I have an alcohol addiction? What is the treatment for alcohol addiction? What might help for alcohol addiction? Is overcoming alcohol addiction possible?
- Alcohol addiction - addicted to alcohol, am I an alcohol addict?
- How to stop drinking alcohol - how do I stop drinking alcohol? What are the ways to stop drinking alcohol? I want to stop drinking alcohol - how to stop drinking alcohol on your own?
- Alcohol addictions - what are alcohol addiction symptoms?
- Alcohol dependency - what are alcohol dependence symptoms and am I alcohol dependent? Do I have an alcohol dependence and what is the treatment for alcohol dependence? Is alcohol dependency something you are stuck with?
- Drinking problems - I have a drinking problem, is problem drinking something I have to learn to live with or can problems with drinking disappear?
- Alcohol addicts - am I an alcohol addict?
- Alcoholic help - Am I an alcoholic? How do alcoholics get help? What alcohol help is specifically available to me? How to help an alcoholic? My partner has alcohol problems - how can I offer them alcoholic help?
- Treatment for alcohol abuse - what is alcohol abuse treatment?
- Symptoms of alcoholism - what are alcoholism symptoms? What are the signs of alcoholism?
- How to give up alcohol - how can I stop drinking alcohol? Is giving up alcohol possible? If so, how to give up drinking alcohol? How to stop drinking alcohol?
- Treatment for alcoholism, treating alcoholism - what is the recommended treatment for alcoholics?
- Help with alcoholism - what alcoholism help is available? How successful is help for alcoholism?
- Alcohol counselling, counselling for alcoholism - what is alcohol counseling? What does an alcohol counsellor do? Is counselling for alcoholics available individually or for groups?
alcohol counselling London, treatments for alcoholism, alcohol dependence treatment, alcohol counsellor London, alcohol addictions, drinking addiction, alcohol dependency, binge drinking problems
... back to Unwanted Habits & Addictions