Help With Effects Of Bullying - Counselling London
Effects Of Bullying Many of us felt bullied when younger (e.g. bullying at school, bullying at home, internet trolling), and we can still be suffering from the effects now, e.g. anxiety, panic attacks, depression, feeling like a victim. Sometimes the bullying doesn't go away when we are adults, it may just be more subtle. Despite it being a long time ago when we were bullied, the effects can live on now. Being bullied back then, we may have felt crushed, lonely, isolated, passive, angry, frustrated, losing our self in the process, become self-critical, self-loathing. On the receiving end of bullying we may have become socially awkward, detached or overly compensated by covering up how the bullying has affected us (maybe becoming a bit of a bully ourselves - even in our relationship). We may have felt humiliated, ashamed and procrastinate. Some of us may end up in small ways continuing to be intimidated by others, struggle to assert ourselves. The ripple effects of bullying may live on in us now.
Nobody can hurt me without my permission.Mahatma Gandhi
Bullying, Being Bullied We may have a bullying issue, bullying problem. And whether or not we are being bullied, being the bully, it can throw a long shadow over us.
Bullying Help - Counselling London Bullying can be in may forms, including cyber bullying, verbal bullying, emotional bullying, etc. We may be on a receiving end of the emotional abuse or be the person being emotionally abusive (see also Drama Triangle of Victim, Rescuer, Persecutor). In our relationship we may be on the receiving end of some form of abuse: mental, physical, emotional, psychological, verbal, financial. Dealing with bullying, how to stop the bullying may be a concern for us, as may no longer being a hostage to our past, checking any limiting beliefs we hold on to now, including the voice of our inner critic, being resilient, having coping resources, awareness of our body language, making sense of it all and we may now be seeking bullying counselling or bullying therapy.
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.Harvey Fierstein
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Specific Questions About Counselling For Bullying Bullying can come in many forms, cyber-bullying, verbal bullying, emotional bullying.
- Cyberbullying - I am on the receiving end of cyberbullying - what can I do about it?
- How to stop bullying? How to deal with bullies?
- What is bullying counselling, bullying therapy?
- The effect of bullying is getting to me - how can I get bullying help?
- I'm on the receiving end of verbal bullying - what can I do?
- Emotional bullying has become the norm with my partner - how can I respond?
- Bullying problem - what can I do with the bullying issue I have?
FAQs about the Counselling for Bullying in London practice based in Kings Cross, Camden:
- What is the frequency of counselling in London, Kings Cross?
- How many counselling in London sessions do I need?
- How much does counselling London cost?
- Must I visit your London counselling practice in Camden or do you offer Skype counselling, online counselling or Telephone counselling?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of offering online counselling, Skype counselling or in-person counselling in London, Camden, Kings Cross
- Do you only offer counselling in London, Camden or Kings Cross?
- What times do you offer counselling in London, Kings Cross or Camden?
- How do I contact a counsellor in London, Camden, or near Kings Cross?
- How effective is counselling in London, Kings Cross, Camden?
- What can I expect from the initial session of counselling London?
- What to expect from the other counselling London sessions?
- What is the typical duration of the London counselling services in Camden, Kings Cross