Counselling & Psychotherapy considers:
Our Life Now - Clarifying The Present Situation
From time to time, concerns in our life come to the foreground and need paying attention to. We may want to come to terms with an important issue or transition in our life, make specific decisions, work through uncomfortable feelings or think things through. Relationship concerns may be a priority for us. We may be caught in the past, or hankering for our future, struggling to be in the moment, value the present or as if we are waiting for life to start. And the very symptoms we bring to therapy can not only be about what's happening in our life now or a reflection of our past, but also point to living our life to our full potential.
The psychotherapy & counselling process in London involves taking time to outline our current situation (and our symptoms), who we are now, where we would like to be - living to our full potential, and what stops us getting there so far, exploring whether our life now may also trigger memories from our past, some of which we had forgotten or believed we had dealt with. Yet in reality memories of events don't go away forever. They often resurface at a different layer or level, providing us with opportunities to revisit or heal (see also Changes & Transitions - Counselling London). Our past can be seen as a compass helping us to make sense and meaning of our present and point towards our potential. Counselling and psychotherapy can help us get to know what we are doing and why we are doing it, so we can decide whether our future actions point towards being regressive or progressive. Some of us may want to find ways to be more alive and engaged in the moment - being in the present, without always putting things off to sometime in the future, which never seems to arrive, e.g. "when this happens, I will... when that happens, I will..." (see also Counselling For Motivation & Will Power). Being connected, grounded, feeling this in our body - through our quality of awareness, can also be explored through the counselling process. (See also Role Of The Unconscious - "The Yet To Be Revealed")
The way we live our days, is the way we live our lives.Annie Dillard
FAQs about the Counselling for our Life Now in my London practice based in Kings Cross, Camden:
- What is the frequency of counselling in London, Kings Cross?
- How many counselling in London sessions do I need?
- How much does counselling London cost?
- Must I visit your London counselling practice in Camden or do you offer Skype counselling, online counselling or Telephone counselling?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of offering online counselling, Skype counselling or in-person counselling in London, Camden, Kings Cross
- Do you only offer counselling in London, Camden or Kings Cross?
- What times do you offer counselling in London, Kings Cross or Camden?
- How do I contact a counsellor in London, Camden, or near Kings Cross?
- How effective is counselling in London, Kings Cross, Camden?
- What can I expect from the initial session of counselling London?
- What to expect from the other counselling London sessions?
- What is the typical duration of the London counselling services in Camden, Kings Cross