Exercise Addiction: Fitness Addiction, Running Addiction, Gym Addiction Counselling London
Addiction To Exercise We all know it's healthy to exercise. Exercise is an enjoyable way to increase our energy, relieve stress and promote wellness. It can be a release. Exercise can give us a "high", peak experiences, as we generate endorphins. Our motivation for exercise may also include a desire to control our weight or body shape. Some of us may have become fixated on burning calories or losing weight, addicted to the gym or addicted to fitness in general. Obsessive exercise (fitness obsession, gym obsession, running obsession, exercise obsession) may have taken its hold. It can be as if we have developed an exercise addiction, adhering to a strict, rigid fitness schedule. In the habit of compulsive exercise, compulsive running we may be unable to stop, as if our urge to exercise must always prevail, even if we are unwell or injured. With our "exercise addiction", even if we are in pain, we will try to exercise through this, often against the medical advice because it is our priority. Used to our familiar exercise regime, we may struggle to replace it with anything else, and promise to cut down exercising another time. With our "fitness addiction" (exercise addiction, running addiction, gym addiction), we may prefer to work out alone (even avoiding gym staff or personal trainers), always having to exercise daily for at least a few hours. Addicted to exercise, our relationships, partner, work, responsibilities and obligations, other areas of our life may be put on a back burner or neglected. Some may feel depressed and develop low esteem or repress our anger. Grief and loss may underpin our feelings. In our own world, however much we exercise, it is not enough and we may have become too dependent on exercise. Ironically too much exercise can lead to stress. We may be addicted to running, addicted to gym or addicted to fitness. In our need to continuously exercise, other personal needs may have been overlooked. Freeing our life up may be important. We may have blocked out, shut down uncomfortable feelings, thoughts. Focusing on our body, exercise, we may feel disconnected, unbalanced, from other aspects of us - our feelings, thoughts, sexuality, spirituality. Exercise addiction treatment can be offered to help overcome our fitness addiction, running addiction, gym addiction, exercise addiction. We may also have an eating disorder, like bulimia, which may need to be treated.
Exercise Addiction - Body Types Certain sports require certain body types, like gymnastics, dancing, ice skating, or being a jockey. Some of us may over exercise, take too much exercise or not take enough rest between exercise and recovery. We may struggle to regain the energy we have spent, making space for recovery, so we feel consistently energised. The addiction counselling and psychotherapy can discuss this in our work together.
Exercise Addiction - Sports Injuries Excessive exercise might not always be good for us. We may have developed niggling injuries, which become more serious and painful, or never quite heal. We may have injuries in our ligaments, tendons, bones and joints, or get stress fractures. We may turn to addiction counselling to help overcome being addicted to exercise.
Addiction Counselling & Psychotherapy Questions Wanting to control the amount we exercise, we may wonder if we are addicted to exercise, an exercise addict, and have questions about our fitness addiction, running addiction, gym addiction, e.g.:
- Compulsive exercise - I compulsively exercise (compulsive running) and wonder if this is turning into and exercise addiction?
- Obsessive exercise - I have a fitness obsession, gym obsession, running obsession, am I an exercise addict?
- Exercise addicts - is addiction to exercise possible? I wonder if I need exercise addiction help? If I am addicted to exercise, what are exercise addiction symptoms? Can an exercise addiction be overcome? If so what is the treatment for exercise addiction?
- Fitness addicts - am I an exercise addict (running addict), fitness addict (gym addict)?
Range Of Unhelpful Habits, Distractions, Addictions Counselling London
Internet, Computer, Technology & Communication "Addiction"
- Sex Addiction - Pornography Problem, Porn Addiction, Online Sex, Internet Sex & Cybersex Addiction, Masturbation Addiction
- Online Chat Addiction, Chat Room Addiction & Internet Dating Addiction Counselling London
- Technology Addiction & Gadget Addiction Counselling London
- Internet Overuse, Internet Addiction & Computer Addiction
- Communication Addiction - Mobile Addiction Counselling In London, Email, Text, Telephone Addiction, Nomophobia
- Social Media Addiction Counselling London
- Addicted To Games - Computer Games Addiction, Online Games Addiction, Video Game Addiction & Computer Gaming Addiction Help
Other Obsessions, Compulsions Or "Addictions"
- Food Addiction Therapy - Comfort Eating, Compulsive Eating, Stress Eating, Emotional Eating Addiction & Binge Eating Help
- Fitness, Gym & Exercise Addiction
- Compulsive Shopping, Compulsive Spending, Shopping Addiction & Shopaholism - Shopaholics, Shopping Addicts, Addicted To Buying, Online Auction Addiction, Credit Card Addiction
- Gambling Problems, Compulsive Gambling, Online Gambling Addiction
- Money Obsessed - Addicted To Money, Money Addiction, Money Obsession, Counselling London
- Work-Life Balance, Workaholism, Addicted To Work & Work Addiction
- Busyness addiction, addiction to activities
- Worry addiction
- Perfectionism Counselling London
- Addicted to beauty, glamour
- Approval addiction
- Addicted to self criticism, self-blame
- Addiction to fixing others, addicted to pleasing others
- Romance addiction, love addiction, serial yet uncommitted relationships, addiction to conflict, bad relationships
- Addictive Element To Certain Attachment Styles
- Caretaking, codependency
- Emotional affairs, limerence
- Emotional addiction
- Addiction to talking
- Addicted to gossip
- Addicted to dramas
- Addicted to anger
- Addiction to shame, self-blame
- Addiction to pain, suffering
- Addicted to sleep
- Clutter, messiness
- Addiction to spirituality
- Addicted to meditation
- Religious Activities - Obsession With Religion, Religious Addiction
FAQs about the gym & exercise addiction Counselling London practice based in Kings Cross, Camden:
- What is the frequency of gym & exercise addiction counselling in London, Kings Cross?
- How many gym & exercise addiction counselling in London sessions do I need?
- How much does gym & exercise addiction counselling London cost?
- Must I visit your London counselling practice in Camden or do you offer Skype counselling, online counselling or Telephone counselling?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of offering online counselling, Skype counselling or face-to-face counselling in London, Camden, Kings Cross
- Do you only offer gym & exercise addiction counselling in London, Camden or Kings Cross?
- What times do you offer gym & exercise addiction counselling in London, Kings Cross or Camden?
- How do I contact a counsellor in London, Camden, or near Kings Cross?
- How effective is gym & exercise addiction counselling in London, Kings Cross, Camden?
- What can I expect from the initial session of counselling London?
- What to expect from the other gym & exercise addiction counselling London sessions?
- What is the typical duration of the London counselling services in Camden, Kings Cross